There are 2 principle factors that determine the amount of property tax.
- Assessment - Market Value of your property based on 2 years prior. The assessment is determined by the Provincial Assessment Office.
- Mill Rate - Determined by the Rural Municipality when the current year's budget is developed.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ASSESSMENT?
- The Provincial Assessment Office is responsible for determining the assessments on all properties.
- Questions related to the assessment on your property can be directed to the Steinbach Assessment Office at 204-326-9896.
- You may also access information regarding the assessment of your property by clicking here.
Portage la Prairie
Email inquiries regarding Property Reassessment can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information about property assessment is also available through Manitoba Assessment Online at www.gov.mb.ca/assessment.
Board of Revision
The annual Board of Revision to appeal the 2023 assessment is on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 12:00 PM.
Anyone wishing to appeal the 2023 assessment should complete the Application to Appeal form and submit to the municipal office at least 15 days prior (October 4, 2022) to the date of the Board of Revision. Further information regarding your assessment may be obtained by contacting the Provincial Municipal Assessment Branch at 240-323 Main Street, Steinbach, Manitoba or calling 204-326-9896.
Please quote the roll number that appears at the top right-hand corner of your tax statement.
SPECIAL SERVICE LEVY (Applicable to the Local Urban District Only)
By-Law 6-90 provides for the imposition of a special tax in the form of an annual 6.0 mill levy over all properties within the Local Urban District of La Broquerie.
The funds raised may be used at the discretion of the LUD committee for such expenditures as those outlined in By-Law 6-90 including in part snow removal, grass cutting, dust control, road repairs, street lights, etc.
- Seine River School Division No. 14: 204-878-4713
- Hanover School Division No. 15: 204-326-6471
- Border Land School Division No. 16: 204-324-6491
- Property Tax Statements are mailed out in the beginning of summer of each year
- Supplemental Property Tax Statements are sent and mailed out in spring and fall of each year
- Payment for all Supplemental Property Tax Statements are due 90 days after the statements are sent out
- Interest at a rate of 1.25% per month is charged on all overdue accounts
- Properties in tax arrears for over 2 years qualify for tax sale procedures
- It is important that the tax office be advised promptly of any change of ownership or mailing address in order to ensure that the tax invoice is properly forwarded. It should be noted that failure to receive a tax invoice does not excuse an owner from the responsibility for payment of taxes nor relieve that owner from liability for any late payment penalty.
The R.M. of La Broquerie is pleased to offer a new option to pay property taxes by doing monthly installment preauthorized payments starting January 15, 2022. Payments will be divided into twelve (12) equal payments based on 2021 taxes for the first six (6) months until taxes for 2022 are set. There may be an adjustment in the amount of the monthly payment on July 15, 2022 as a result of the R.M. of La Broquerie annual tax levy at which time the monthly payment will be reconciled accordingly for the final six (6) months.
An agreement will be signed by the property owner(s) authorizing the Municipality to automatically withdraw the monthly payment out of the property owner’s bank account. Two (2) weeks notification in writing is required if changing bank information, selling property or if you wish to cancel participation.
Please contact the Municipal Office at 204-424-5251 if you have any questions or if you wish to enroll.
Please note that we do have a night deposit box however please be aware if dropping your payment after hours and the following day is the 1st of the month, a 1.25% penalty will be applied to your tax account. When making an inquiry about your tax statement, please quote the roll number that appears on the top right-hand corner of your statement. If your inquiry pertains to school taxes, please contact your local school division office or school trustee. For any further information regarding your taxes please call 204-424-5251.
Education Property Tax Credit
For a printable copy of the EPTC application form, click here.
In 2021, the Province of Manitoba implemented an additional rebate. For more information, please click here.
Farmland School Tax Rebate
Seniors' School Tax Rebate
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.mb.ca/finance/tao/sstrebate.html